Thursday, March 12, 2015

What is the point of Vodafone Wallet/SmartPass?

A few weeks ago I registered for Vodafone Wallet/SmartPass, as a result of which I received a disproportionately large electronic tag sticker for the phone.


In the meantime I'm beginning to wonder what the point of it is, in view of the fact that I can just as easily make contactless payments with my contactless-enabled debit card. In fact that's more convenient because, unlike with Vodafone Wallet/SmartPass, I don't have to bother topping up the account...

One of the benefits listed on the Vodafone website is: "There's no need to rummage around for cash or cards", but when I'm out, I invariably have my non-electronic wallet and payment card(s) with me anyway, so what is the point of Vodafone Wallet/SmartPass? Is there some added benefit I haven't discovered yet?