Tuesday, September 08, 2015

YAC Number anniversary

I signed up for a free personal YAC number back in July 2000. In case you are wondering, YAC stands for You're Always Connected. The number still works after all this time. My main purpose has always been to "catch" incoming faxes, which are automatically and conveniently forwarded to email. The downside is that the service is relatively expensive for the sender (or caller, in the case of phone calls). Further info here, in case you are curious.

In any case, now that faxing has been consigned to the dustbin of history (I never had an actual fax machine cluttering my office, by the way), my number is basically obsolete, but I might as well hang on to it. For old times' sake, here is the welcome fax from YAC, received (as an email attachment) on 13 July 2000.